Saturday, May 8, 2010

A milestone in accepting my husband for the wonderful, crazy person he is...

Today I added my husband's blog to my blog list.  :) 

He's had it for a long time.  It's really helped him improve his writing skills.  It's also all about movies and comic books.  There are lots of ridiculously proportioned women and men in comic books.  Their content is usually violent and somewhat sexual.  I'm really not into it.  I don't read comic books.  I have read several excellent graphic novels, though.
I think, perhaps, that when you live with someone their interests often grow on you.  This interest hasn't really grown on me, but I know more about it and am somewhat more receptive to conversation about topics in comic books.  I also can tell you which superheroes belong to which comic book brands.  Yes, brand loyalty is HUGE for most comic book afficionados. 
So most of the time I make fun of my husband's interests, but, well, I love him and am going to start reading what he writes--maybe not every post.  I wonder when he'll notice that I'm one of his followers....

5 comments:

  1. I would like to point out that I have posted some pretty poorly written posts. Sometimes I'm just at tad bit lazier than I should be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. Wonderful, I'm not sure we're at the stage of our relationship where you're allowed to comment on my blog. ;)
    Also, could you please tell me which posts will be a waste of time to read? That would be lovely. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. I would also like to know which posts are worthy. I'm not a follower due to the half naked grocery gal, BUT I do check in on you Mr. J. Actually I'm just not a follower because I never think of it. er lazy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would say that the comic reviews you can skip out on just because, well, if you aren't following the storylines it's hard to know what the heck I'm talking about.

    But I any movie review you can check out. I'll do reviews that stem beyond comic book films. I have a review of up! on the blog and a lot of other non-comic related films. Those would probably be fine for you to check out without having to worry about back stories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And hey, if nothing else, just go visit my blog just so my ratings can go up with the comicblogelite.com website.

    ReplyDelete