I've been tagged by La!
The Rules:
1. Go to your photo files and select the 8th photo folder.
2. Select the 8th photo in that folder.
3. Post that photo along with the story behind it.
4. Then challenge 8 blogging friends to do the same.
Okay, so the story behind this picture:
This is my good friend Allison. She has a lovely smile, doesn’t she? She and I and several other coworkers, being good friends as well, decided that we should take a road trip to Wisconsin at the end of last summer as sort of a last hurrah. Life changes awaited several of us after the trip as we were off to new jobs or school, so this was one of our last moments together. (Sadly, some of us weren’t able to come at the last minute. That’s another story, though.)
We stayed at another friend/coworker’s nearly finished log house (that he built almost singlehandedly). The house was so beautiful, even in its unfinished state. Anyway, we all had to sleep together on the floor which is why you see miscellaneous sleeping bags and duffle bags and Allison’s blue Nalgene.
This picture comes from the night we agreed to play Skipbo to make Lucy happy. She LOVES Skipbo, but rarely got to play it during Sunday night game nights. (Lucy won, so she continued in her happiness.) I am going to guess that this picture was taken in the early part of the game before Allison began to lose badly. She wasn’t the only one who experienced frustration that evening. Many of you who’ve played Skipbo know the frustration of not being able to move up a level because someone else goes out before you even get one turn. Over. And over. And over. Anyway, while many of us lost and lost in a frustrating and irritating way—me included, we had a really good time that night and on that trip. It was relaxing, and I for one was happy to be spending time with some of my very best friends.
Now to tagging people who might do this.... I'm not sure I know 8 people who will want to do this. However, I'm going to give it a shot. (By the way, doesn't another "8" requirement mean that this blog should be titled "Eight Cubed"?)
1. Allison at The Other Turning. I think this would be an excellent writing exercise, friend. ;)
2. Mel at Clark girls + boy. You tell great stories!
3. Amanda at Jason And Amanda. I know you like to take pictures! I also know you like to write.
4. Alaina at Shoes of Life. You might need to do this in a month or so. Happy travels!
5. Sarah Anne at psych me out. I can’t wait to hear what you come up with!
6. Sandi at Victorian Gypsy. I approve of your blog’s name. ;)
7. Jenna at Museu(M)use. I know that the blog’s not a ‘personal’ one, but I’m sure that you could tell us a lovely story, just the same.
8. Lianna at Lift My Eyes. I think you should update us and tell another good story.
My goodness! How surprised I was to see my picture, specifically this one, on your blog! It does bring back fun memories. Oh, and by the way, we were playing Phase 10, not Skipbo. :)
ReplyDeleteOh no! You're so right! Darn it. Phase 10.
ReplyDelete