Monday, October 11, 2010

Thoughts on today

Today was lovely.  It rained.  It was cold.  I loved it.  It reminded me of fall in the Midwest, which is my favorite season.  (Fall in the Midwest is a season in my humble estimation.)

 My first pepper has finally turned red.  Most of the previous ones got soft spots and rotted.  I am ready to eat delicious red bell peppers!  Yum!

I had to read a really boring book.  It took all day.  It took all of yesterday.  I kept falling asleep while reading it.  Ugh.

My husband successfully executed his weekly fish tank cleaning.  I told him he was a good fish father after encouraging him to suck his fish up with the refuse water.  He refused to suck them up, which makes him a good fish father.

My professor told me I should write and present a paper at UCLA in February.  Now I have to write a proposal by next week.  We'll see if anything comes of it.

I watched an episode of "30 Rock" that perfectly illustrated an academic article I discussed in class last Thursday.  Props to "30 Rock" for making fun of "diversity" as a way to make money.  Hilarious!

Tomorrow I get to walk around and take pictures of gravestones in Denver's oldest cemetery.  It's going to be fabulous.

1 comment:

  1. It still seems crazy that you and Q are in the same area so the weather he talks about... lalala, I can't wait to hang out. You are going to run a race with me right? ;) After all your reading of course!

    ReplyDelete