This isn't a post about freedom. It's a post about "free things."
Don't you love ads that tell you that if you pay them money you will get "free" services as a result? They are my fav. No lie. They bring a special kind of joy to my heart. I mean, I am being LIED to, and yet, well, it's so funny. They're so sure I will see the word free and PAY THEM MORE MONEY. Only, that's not how I roll. I love free stuff, but I really prefer the kind that's truly free, not the kind that ups my monthly bill. Quest recently informed me that for $12.99/month I can get "free" online & phone support and "free" certified tech home repair visits if required. So if those are free, what extra service am I paying for that isn't free?
Thoughts?
Yah, that annoys me. Lasts year PG had a thing going where if you spend 50 bucks of their products you get a hundred dollars worth of coupons. I figure, since I buy Bounty and Toilet paper ANYWAY, why not do this. So I spent a little more than normal to "make it" and received my coupon book in the mail. Awesome. After looking at it...not so awesome. You can save a hundred dollars on Metmucil, Pregnancy Ovulater Predictur Kits, and Old Spice. And then the coupons are repeated for the month of November. And then December. So I spent money for FREE coupons and yah... I can just see our Coupon Poker, "I'll raise you one dollar saved on metamucil."
ReplyDeleteWow, Metamucil and Pregnancy Ovulater Predictur Kits.... You must have been so "excited" to think about how regular and aware of your body's hormones you were about to become. Also, your husband is handsomer than the Old Spice guy, so you weren't gaining anything there, either.
ReplyDeleteI get frustrated when I get coupons for soap or something like that, but it's a super-special new thing that my stores don't carry. What am I supposed to do with those?