Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Ode to the Greeks

This week is rush week at Bah Ram U.  I really dislike it--mostly because it is cramping my style.
I am not into the 'Greek' thing to begin with.  We didn't have Greek life at my college.  Also, can any of you picture me in a sorority?  Yeah, that's what I thought. 
I don't have  problem with other people participating.  After all, it's good networking.  If you're a business major, it's probably in your best interests to connect yourself.  Also, if you came to college to drink and party, it's a good way to get alcohol, get drunk, and get hooked up.  And maybe if you're into the sorority/fraternity's service project, then you can find a way to be involved, which is cool. 
Still, there are thousands of freshman walking lackadaisically by booths where boys are handing our frisbees and pretty girls are advertising with silly gimmicks, and everyone is clogging up every route between every building in the center of campus.  It's hard to get anywhere.  I want to be like Fezzik from "The Princess Bride" and yell, "Hey everybody, MOVE!!!"  Only that is not going to work for me because I'm little, and this isn't a movie. 
Basically, I will be very happy when the Greeks are done recruiting.  Hopefully other campus organizations will not jump into their spots on the commons. 
I need to get to class, people. 
I hope all of you can get to the places you need to go in a timely fashion today.

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha- first of all, i agree with you. Although in my case i was so intimidated by the freshman orientation @ Northwestern that it may have felt like someone else's greek week. this is why i watched the show and didn't participate, kind of how most of my life goes. i'm curious about certain types of lifestyles, so i buy the dvd and say, oh, okay. but it keeps me @ a safer distance, since i'm truthfully a geek, not a greek. second of all- remember watching "Greek" with me....that one time? ;P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry. Soon you can cry on my should ok? And Gooner and I will walk you to class and everyone will move because Gooner can barely walk, forget straight...they'll move.

    I like Greek food.

    ReplyDelete