Sunday, September 26, 2010

"Teaching"

I gave my first official lecture of the semester on Wednesday.  On technicalities I am leaving out all the other weekly "discussion" sessions in which I inform all of my students of the content of the articles and books they failed to read.  The lecture went well.  I like to lecture.  A captive audience?  Yes please!  Of course, lecturing at 11 AM is brutal because by 11:30 everyone has tuned out no matter what you do.  They are HUNGRY!  Oh well.  It's good that my former experiences with public speaking have helped me to stop taking sleeping in class personally, or being a college prof would be a BAD career choice.  On a side note, why come to class if you're not going to pay attention?  Stay in bed my tired, partying (or overworked) students.
I also get to lecture tomorrow.  I have yet to start writing said lecture, but whatever.  I needed a reason to stay up until 3 AM this morning.  I can't have myself getting adequate sleep.  It's just not my style.  ;)  After this it's discussion sessions and no more lecturing from here on out, which is good, because I just don't have time to write these every week and go to class and work.  If we took one of the other activities out, I would totally be up for more, but until then, I'm going to opt out for a semester.
I hope all of you are enjoying your sleepless lives as well.  And if you are getting sleep, good for you!  Your brain and metabolism thank you, I'm sure.  

2 comments:

  1. Hey dear it sounds like you did AWESOME! I know you did. I want to hear a lecture. But only one. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously. I hated noonish hour classes. However, if we canceled classes at every time that could be an issue - well - it would be all the time, right? Or is that just my perspective...

    Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete