Thursday, July 8, 2010

Little Car

I love my little car.  He is old and falling apart, but he is wonderful.  He was a present from my dad, which makes him super-special.  I will be sad when he dies.  I love that my little car possesses no power locks or windows or fancy computer parts.  Instead, he is mechanical, which means he is also very fixable.  Unfortunately, sometimes he needs fixing.  In fact, he always seems to need fixing when I am broke.  Guess who's broke? Yep, me.  Guess who  broke?  Yep, little car.  Little car's brakes fell apart, so I got to buy him new brake drums.  Also, his battery decided to die today WHILE his brakes were being replaced.  No joke.  There were no power problems until today.  So the guy who helped me out at the Ford hospital charged it back up for me and told me to bring it in immediately after my trip to Brighton (about 1 hour away) to get it replaced.  Little car made it to Brighton, but his battery did not stay charged.  I was stranded there until Husband came from Denver to save me.  I had to drive back to the Ford hospital which had closed by then and drop off my little car and walk home.  :(  Actually, the walk was nice.  And if I wasn't a busy slacker, I would replace my own battery, but well, there's some serious corrosion on my old battery.  And I'm a busy slacker who doesn't want to keep calling people to come charge up her car if I do something wrong.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your car! One of the things I love about living in Russia is not having to have a car. Car problems give me ulcers. And you are so right, cars always break down when you have like $1.02 in your bank account.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brakes are PRICEY. I would know because ours needed replacing. It was REALLY annoying. I did not appreciate it AT ALL! Blech! I'm sorry. That is some major-stinko. Stink. Stink. Stink................................................................................................................................................. Stink.

    ReplyDelete