Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Friendly hiking visitors

I finally went hiking last week when Jenny was here.  It was fabulous.  Partly it's fun to be in good company.  Partly it's fun to see pretty scenery, but mostly, it's fun to expend energy in 60 degree temps instead of 100 degree temps. 

This lovely mountain is somewhere on the way to Emerald Lake in Rocky Mountain National Park.  This is my shout out to Bob Ross's happy little trees for all you daytime PBS in the 1980s fans.
 Jenny and I at said lake.
 Jenny with M.  Note this man is a farmer.  You can tell by the Pioneer hat.  ;)
 Thistles grow everywhere--even on the alpine tundra.
 This is not from RMNP but fits the theme.  This is from a few days later when Husband and I went on a birthday hike to Royal Arch near Boulder with Amy, Beth, and new friend Meegan.  That one was hot, but we did vanquish the ridiculous stairs.  This is not me smacking Husband, but is a 'silly pic'.
We went to Casa Bonita. Crazy & strange!!  This pic follows in a long tradition of Jenny and I taking pics with drinks in our hands—specifically margaritas and martinis. Don’t ask us why. We’re not lushes. I promise.

1 comment: