Thursday, November 12, 2009

You know you have a problem when...

you have the urge to greet your 9 AM lecture class with "Happy Armistice Day!"  Yes, looking out at all of my students yesterday, I wanted to remind them of the importance, not just of Veterans Day, but of the celebration's beginnings--mostly becaus I'm a gigantic history nerd. But then I remembered that most of them would really not have cared.  Also, I am not the professor, and when I looked at him and said, "Happy Armistice Day," he, being hard of hearing, said, "What?"  So I repeated myself.  Three more times.  Then he thought I was saying something about missing someone and made a comment about that.  And then I said, "HAPPY ARMSTICE DAY" loudly.  And then I realized that wishing the same to the students was a very stupid idea.

4 comments:

  1. I don't know about the pigeon and pigeon poop here as the background for your title.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I posted a tweet about Armistice Day. In French. Joyeux jour d'armistice, en peu en retard!!

    ReplyDelete