Saturday, November 7, 2009
Wild Things
Last night I took a break and went to a movie with my wonderful husband. We watched "Where the Wild Things Are", and I really enjoyed it. I'd pretty much forgotten the children's book, so I was pretty open to the story told on screen. Having been told I would laugh, I spent most of the movie fighting back tears. Childhood is hard. Growing up is harder. Anyway, making the monsters embodiments of emotions was, I think, particularly effective. Watching this with a husband who works with kids of about the same age and with the personalities of "Carol" probably affected my take on this even more. Oh, and on a side note, I would like the mode city Carol created for myself. Awesome!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
i've never read the book (i know, right?), but i REALLY want to see the movie. really.
ReplyDeleteI want to see the movie but we will wait til it is cheaper. I HATE spending money on movies. They are waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too expensive.
ReplyDeleteOh, I am so glad you went to see it! I loved it and am looking forward to seeing it again. There really is a lot of depth to the film.
ReplyDelete