Monday, October 26, 2009

Really?

"OUR RECOMMENDATION FOR HOLIDAYS/GRADUATION"

This is the first line of a lovely letter I received today addressed to "the Parents of Clarissa M Ann Trapp"  from the alumni association here.

Any guesses on the recommendation? 


Well, here's what it said:

"Parents call every year for advice on meaningful gifts for their soon-to-be graduates.  We understand their concern--the perfect gift should be a reward for hard work, but it should also have some practical use in the "real world."
To solve this probem, we authorized one manufacturer last year to had-craft diploma frames exclusively for the Colorado State University diploma."

It continues for the rest of the page.  Also enclosed:  "A Note from Mom"

"My daughter was surprised when she found a diploma frame under the Christmas tree!  We had given diploma frames to our older sons after graduation, so she probably expected the same.  But when she saw that we were already looking forward to her gradution, she was really pleased!"

This gem also continues on for a bit. 

Ummmm....what!?!  As to the daughter's surprise, I bet she was very surprised and thought, "Seriously?  Am I this hard to shop for?"

2 comments:

  1. Well if you got me this I would be forever grateful. I promise to send you your nails. Only three people have submitted addresses. I guess fake nails aren't all that awesome are they...

    ReplyDelete