Thursday, October 22, 2009
War!
I'm grading papers. They are not so great over all. However, as the book they are supposed to review is about a war, I've been getting some people who feel the need to tell me how they feel about war instead of what they think of the author's arguments. While some have been condemning, others have been celebratory of this particular war and its soldiers. Generally, it's annoying either way, since I don't know the writers of these papers as friends, but sometimes it's really funny. For example, one writer told me in his paper that he loved the book and would recommended it to anyone who "loved war". Yeah, war's awesome, hunh? I'm pretty sure he meant military history. Still, in my mind, he's the "war monger" until I come up with something better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think that is an awesome name. "War Monger" is almost as good as the "dutch girl" "Laura of Light" or my favorite "Dark Laura."
ReplyDelete