Friday, October 2, 2009

Bad Boys, Whatcha Gonna Do?

I live in a quite neighborhood.  My apartment complex is in a very middle class part of town.  But today...

Right outside my windows this afternoon I heard, "Get down on the ground!" (Sound of feet pounding)  Dear Husband and I looked out the window to see a plainclothes policeman chasing a very overweight man. About thirty yards from our window the policeman overtook the man (grabbing for his side arm, nonethless), made him lay on the ground, handcuffed the man, and then called in to wherever policemen in this town radio in to. After a few minutes, he got the man up, and off they went in his car. 
I felt sort of like I was watching COPS or something.  I also decided that Dawg the Bounty Hunter could have made this small excitement into some wonderfully trashy TV.  I'm not a reality TV watcher, and I hate cop shows, but this was very entertaining. 

I think that the little thrill I felt watching this unfold may have something to do with my love of Victorian sensational literature.  Petty criminals! Where?  If only we could have discovered why the fat man was arrested....

1 comment:

  1. It's fine...that you haven't updated in two weeks...because it doesn't bother me...that I don't hear from you via blog....in forever...because I rarely get bitter...that I have to DIG in the archives for something I haven't read...do you still live in a quiet neighbourhood???? Funny how far you've come!

    ReplyDelete