This week has been hard friends. Really hard. No sleep. Big projects due. Emotional instability. On top of it all I caught two students plagiarizing and just failed them out of my class. They don't know it yet, but they will soon. I'm not looking forward to confronting them and dealing with their tears and excuses, especially since what they did was so blatantly wrong and disrespectful. Let's just say that they copied each other and a web site and lied to my face when they handed in their papers.
*sigh*
In other news, today I figured out that I'm in 18th grade. :) It makes me giggle just thinking about it.
Sorry that you had a hard day :( I hope it gets better soon! I know it is sucky about your students, but it is absolutely no way your fault. I hope they don't give you too hard of a time!
ReplyDeleteThat is seriously a large heap of issues. Lying, plagiarizing, and copying? Woah.
ReplyDeleteI've been thinking about you and your crappy week. You did the right thing. I wish I could come and talk to those girls for you. Since I'm not in the thick of it, I would enjoy it. I wonder what they were really thinking...you know, that MAYBE you wouldn't notice???
ReplyDelete