Monday, December 13, 2010

Style

Generally I have no room to talk when it comes to style.  I don't really have a style beyond "does this shirt go with jeans?"  Still, my friends, I have developed a pet peeve while attending Baa Ram U:

Girls in leggings, a fleece jacket from North Face or Columbia, and UGG boots. 

That's it, except for possibly a cami underneath the jacket.  This "uniform" appears to be especially popular with sorority girls. 

How is that appropriate attire?  How is that attractive?  Okay, I take that back.  For some, the opportunity to show off their backsides probably does provide some enjoyment to the boys who also attend this school.  However, in general, it seems like a strange outfit choice.  I mean, they still do their hair and make-up, so they haven't just rolled out of bed.  What is up with this look?

5 comments:

  1. hahaha-yeah i get it. i have my own fashion pet peeves too. as per the aformentioned "uniform"- i don't hate leggings, but i do have a rule of thumb for them- always pair them with a long tunic or dress. i don't care how skinny you are, you should never show your buttocks unless you are wearing a leotard over it and dancing, or exercising in another genre. and maybe not even then. that's all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No part of the "uniform" is offensive, except maybe the UGGs, but together, yeah, offensive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously, I hate this. For many reasons.

    A. I don't want to see your butt.
    B. My husband doesn't need to see your butt. We aren't at the beach.
    C. You really paid that much for boots that look like that and aren't even boots?
    D. Are you really going to keep giving North Face a bad name? Really?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh oh oh, you could wear THAT to church! Style...right. Sick. Ha, Alaina's comment made me think of "the South Butt." The guy got sued but I wonder who won the court case!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha ha ha! I had to look up "South Butt." Too funny. And really, I don't think Jesus would love me if I wore that outfit to church...or EVER.

    ReplyDelete