Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Good-bye plastic!

I hate my current food storage containers.  They are the rubbermaid kind, and while they do store my food, some things are lacking.

I hate that my food with tomatoes or chilies in it ends up staining them.

I think that the super-heated oil that results from microwaving can melt the sides, making hard to get food out and putting plastic in my food.  Gross.

I hate that mold can easily attach itself to any surface if you forget something at the back of the fridge for too long and that that mold will never really be gone.  GROSS!

So I've been hunting for glass containers without much success.

They are expensive in most stores.  I am not rich.

They cannot be found in most stores, especially not the little containers.  I don't need to store a cup of something in a small casserole dish.  That defeats the purpose.

However, I found some yesterday!  I immediately snatched them up!  Woohoo!

Here's to better food storage!

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE my Pyrex glass containers. Mine have blue lids, but I think the set is the same. You can drop them and they don't break....and they don't smell...and you can microwave food in them without concern for plastic chemicals ending up in your body. I also hate how expensive they are. If you are ever near an outlet mall with a corningware store they usually have pyrex pieces you can purchase so you can buy one at a time. And they have more exciting shapes. I have rectangles I got from there and I love them.

    Anyway, I love glass. So I'm glad you got some. And yours are pretty red!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh how i love you guys. i wish i wasn't so afraid of glass things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome! I'm actually against plastic as well and can't wait to pyrex it up. BUT, I currently would rather eat then spend money on them...so until then. This will have to do. It was a lot of fun to hang out with you last nigh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was the best christmas present my mom gave me a few years back. I love, love, love them! Congrats! Lucy

    ReplyDelete