Guess who got to hear Colin Powell speak tonight! Me! That's right! And it was free because I go to CSU.
There are few public officials that I genuinely respect. Gen. Powell is one of those men. I could go on about why, but really, do any of you NOT know who this man is or why he's gained the respect of nearly every American? Yes, enough said.
P.S. Gen. Powell is funny. Yes, funny! Also, he is a master of the "little guy" and "America is about freedom" rhetoric. He also comes by it more honestly than most of his colleagues, and it sounds less concocted coming from his mouth. (For instance, sons of miners who have made millions working or being 'big guys' for the last forty years aren't really little guys any more. Neither is Powell. Maybe he's just a better speaker with a 'truer' background story.) You know, I think I'll just leave it at the man is a profoundly talented, intelligent, and generally grounded individual. I feel really fortunate that I was able to see him speak.
Um yay. How exciting is that!
ReplyDelete