Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The trees...

are budding.  Yep.  Right outside my window.  There are buds.  They probably won't make it after a week or two when the snow comes back, but really, I can't fault them for starting now.  It's been between 35-50 degrees since Christmas.  How are they supposed to know that winter isn't over yet?  It feels like March. 

4 comments:

  1. Mass confusion. Blame it on global warming or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! India is experiencing winter as well, which means all the leaves are dropping in preparation for the hot summer season (April/May)... but on cool mornings with yellow leaves floating, all I can think of is a lovely autumn. Perhaps diaspora, in all its confusion, is really only about the constant re-interpretation of the weather to match expected norms. As Iowans, it would fit that talking about weather defines our outlook on the world :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why are you on Facebook but aren't writing your humble opinions? Just sayin' I miss it, that's all.

    ReplyDelete