I am so excited that Evan Lysacek beat Evgeni Plushenko tonight!
I have yet to see the performance, having no access to TV. This makes me sad, but I'll watch it tomorrow.
I did see there were snakes on Lysacek's outfit. Gross, yuck, creepy.
However, outfit snakes are nothing compared to Plushenko's repulsive face. Yep, I'm weighing in with a super-shallow thought tonight. Plushenko creeps me out. I hate looking at him, and I always hope he loses strictly because I can't stand his cocky face with its overabundance of confidence. I keep hearing he's very popular and people in the stands 'connect' with him. I don't see it.
I think much of this revulsion is the result of some time in Russia. While there I discovered that 1) Russian men are generally unattractive, (yes, after years of being told Russian men were hot, I found out they were not), 2) they can be smelled before they can be seen, and 3) really beautiful Russian women willingly take whatever they're given by Russian men--they do what they're told. This disgusted me. They could be as gross as they wanted and as demanding, and they got what they wanted and were treated sort of like kings. The American woman in me continues to struggle with the idea that this is somehow okay because "that's how things are" in Russia. It's not okay.
So every time I look at Plushenko, I see male privelage, arrogance, and gross personal habits. I hate his big nose because it doesn't seem to fit his face. I hate his face's shape because it doesn't fit with his nose. I hate his smile. But most of all, I hate his nasty, stringy, mullet. His hair needs to be shampooed and cut. Badly. I can't even believe I'm putting a picture of him in this blog.
Oh, also I'm glad that Lysacek, a fellow American and an excellent skater, won.

Ha, this makes me laugh. I instantly disliked him after his interview where he announced that AFTER he'd one this gold...yadda yadda yadda. No Clarissa, he did not connect with me. He DOES remind me of smelly Russian men and the stuff that goes with it, like Vodka puke. Mixed with cigarette smoke. We could have married any of them, what WERE we thinking?
ReplyDeleteYou completely crack me up. Completely.
ReplyDeleteDid you hear that he awarded himself the "Platinum Medal" Apparently he and Putin feel that he should have won gold, therefore he awarded himself a medal that is BETTER. Love you Russia.
ReplyDeletehttp://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/vancouver/blog/fourth_place_medal/post/In-Plushenko-s-mind-and-website-he-s-the-plat?urn=oly,221408
ReplyDeleteThanks for the comments. Yes, the "platinum" award is ridiculous! I second La, "Love you Russia."
ReplyDelete