Saturday, February 27, 2010

Money: a good thing in this case

Today, I received the following email: 

Dear Clarissa:
I'm delighted to inform you that the Graduate Studies Committee has chosen you to receive one of this year's Outstanding Graduate Student Awards. You were nominated to receive this honor by a member of the History Department faculty.

This honor comes with a cash award of $1000, which you'll receive later this semester. The department would like to recognize you and other award winners at our annual banquet, to be held next Friday, March 5, at 6:00 at Lincoln Center in Fort Collins.
 
(There's more, but I thought I'd stick to the good stuff.) 
 
WOOHOO!!!  Isn't this awesome?!  I think so especially because the last few weeks have been so full of crappiness and discouragement.  That $1000 will come in handy this summer when I have to take a week off of whatever job I'm doing to research somewhere on the East Coast.  I am not sure which faculty member nominated me, but I am super-thankful/greatful that they thought of me. 
 
I also wonder which of my peers will show up to receive this award.  I guess I'll know in a week. 

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! You are totally awesome! This is pretty cool dear girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! Ive always known you are awesome and Im glad other people do too! Sorry about your sucky week though :)

    ReplyDelete