Friday, July 13, 2012

What a difference a day makes

Well, actually, seven days. Of rain.

Remember this?

Now it looks like this.

My babies have all grown up - into gigantic, Medusa-like monster plants! The tomatoes are completely uncontained and unsupported by their ridiculously inadequate cages. This is mostly thrilling, but I do hope that they don't break/split/die because their unsupported branches become too heavy with fruits. That would be sad.

Side note: I realize my blogging has been, well, um, pathetically sparse and completely centered around my garden. I've got nothing else to discuss in my pretty little head, so I guess you'll have to stop reading if you hate  my garden or my one-track mind.

Last week's rain - almost every day! - also encouraged the cucumbers and zucchini to begin producing.



I am predicting that in 2 weeks I will be begging you all to come take some produce off of my hands. There will be much more than a handful of beans and a tomato to harvest every day.


If you're in the area, stop by!

2 comments:

  1. I like your garden! My garden is looking fabulous too... believe it or not but I have handfuls of grapes this year! Lulu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, so exciting! I'm sure it is tasty!

    ReplyDelete