Saturday, May 19, 2012

Hair

There are very few things I like more than getting my hair cut.

No joke.

I really dislike "doing" my hair every day and often don't, so I'm guessing I spend most of my life looking frumpy to the rest of the world. This doesn't bother me. Judge away, world! However, I loooooooooooove it when other people cut and/or style my hair. 

I like having a new, clean look. 

I like learning about the random styling products they put in my hair and random tips on how to make said hair do certain things.

I like feeling lighter and bouncier as my hair swishes around my face differently than it did hours previously.

I like that the average drying time for my hair shortens noticeably.

I like looking good without having to put in any more effort than sitting still in a chair for 30 minutes to an hour.

It's most certainly a sort of guilty pleasure for me. I have to say, if I had a bazillion dollars and could be frivolous, I would totally be one of those crazy women like J-Lo or Jennifer Aniston who has their own personal stylist who comes to their home or goes on tour with them and does their hair for them. That would be sweet.

Do you know what else would be sweet? FREE haircuts. Unfortunately, I have no talent in this department, nor does Mr. Wonderful. This, of course, means that I only get my hair cut when I have a few extra dollars or for special occasions. I find this a complete bummer because I look much better with short hair than long hair.

The latest incident.

5 comments:

  1. I love it! You are going to look so awesome at the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love having my hair washed & played with! The cutting part can kind of stress me out, but I found a good stylist that knows what to do :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found this post to be a riot. I think everyone really loves that whole "someone else making me look nice" thing. I know I do. My problem is that it NEVER looks like that when I try to fix it. Ah, well.

    Also, I was in shock because I thought the goal was longer hair for the big wedding day. I must have been on another wavelength, which isn't that hard to believe right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cut it a week before the wedding after discussing things with V. She said she didn't care anymore if it was long or short. So I cut it off. It made me happy.

      Delete