Sunday, January 9, 2011

Catching up

I'm home.  I had a lovely three weeks off.  I saw many of my wonderful friends and family in Pennsylvania, Iowa, Illinois, and Colorado.  I also saw a good deal of Nebraska in passing.  Vacationing was good for my soul, but I don't think I'll bore any of you with the details despite many great moments.  As usual I forgot to use my camera, so there are no fun pictures to accompany any story I might tell.  So just imagine that I was happy, and be happy for me.

Since getting back I've discovered that the world exploded or something.  Bad news from many sectors, both personal and national.  And I'm already tired of people turning this awful tragedy in Arizona into a partisan debate, especially since it's speculation.  We don't know why it happened yet.  It hasn't been explained.  Let's wait to point the finger, people.  (sigh)

On another note, I braved a snow storm to go to mass in Fort Collins this morning with a friend.  That was a bad idea.  Not the mass part.  That was just lovely.  For one thing, I got my incense fix.  I really do love that smell.  The bad part was deciding to drive in a snow storm.  However, I survived and am home safely spending time with my wonderful husband, making this a wonderfully lazy Sunday in all.

2 comments:

  1. Why don't we go back to Panera and ask that crazy man about the Arizona birds. I mean, if you want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahaha!!! Yeah, that was interesting and ridiculous. So much for "healthy discussion," huh?

    ReplyDelete