Sunday, January 16, 2011

All the musicians...

I listen to regularly are women songwriters who sing folk/pop/rock--bonus points for quirky personalities and the use of obscure instruments or  everyday objects as musical instruments.  I feel sort of boring.  I love lots of music, but the music I buy: women songwriters who sing folk/pop/rock.  My top three favorite artists: Wendy Jans, Regina Spektor, Imogen Heap.  

Here's one of my favorites by Regina Spektor.  She wrote the song for the credits of Prince Caspian, and she hasn't made it into a music video, so if you need something visual, read they lyrics.  Please pardon the video creator's typos.

2 comments:

  1. I recognized her voice when I saw that movie in the theater and I did a happy dance :)

    My 3rd favorite female (other than Regina & Imogen- and yes we're on a first name basis by now ;) would probably be Alanis. She rocks my face off. But thanks for bringing Wendy into my life, b/c she's pretty awesome as well.

    My absolute favorite (if i had to pick one) male band would be Guster- WHO is concerting in DesMoines next week & I told Jesse we have to go!!! Next in line would prolly be a tie between Coldplay & Death Cab For Cutie (who fyi is also the same people as "The Postal Service" which is a much funkier version of the band & has a Super Nintendo sounding score on some songs)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oohoohooh- and Adele. And Sara Barellis. And..okay i'll stop :)

    ReplyDelete