Another good. La and I hung out yesterday night. So fun! We also took a bazillion pictures in an attempt to properly document the experience, but they are all on her camera. I'll let her decide which of the dorky pictures of me goes up online instead. We did some knitting, and La finished her scarf. :) Congrats!
I'm not sure that this is totally good, but it isn't bad. My paper proposal for a conference in February at UCLA has been accepted. I'm going to talk about my thesis (that I'm writing next semester). Oh wow. Here's the deal: they've got some crazy stipulations. 1) I found out I can only write 6 pages. 6. Um, how am I going to condense my argument to 6 pages and 12 minutes? I don't have a clue. Not the faintest idea. Oh well. 2) They sent this long list of things on which I have to sign off. Ridiculous! Here are some examples.
"As a member of a graduate student panel, I agree to submit my completed paper to the moderator of my panel by 5PM on Friday, January 28, 2011, in order to assure that he/she will have ample to prepare to lead a thoughtful discussion, following the panel presentations."
"I agree to be professional and responsible by arriving on time to my panel and staying within the allotted 12 minute paper delivery time."
"I agree to reply promptly to all email communication related to the 2011 Thinking Gender conference."
Somehow I really doubt that people who rate higher than grad students have to agree to be responsible. Do I need a contract to make sure this gets done? No, I don't think I do.
Somehow I really doubt that people who rate higher than grad students have to agree to be responsible. Do I need a contract to make sure this gets done? No, I don't think I do.
Finally, I have 2 1/2 weeks of school left for the semester. That makes me happy, but oh what a crazy two weeks they will be.
I have totally done the honey thing. But mine was in a pot on the stove. So frustrating.
ReplyDeleteAlso - I can't have a humidifier. Because Alaska is crazy, you have to really insulate, so insides of houses get really humid in the winter, so you have to use a dehumidifier. Which makes my skin feel like paper...so I'm trying to find a moisturizer that I can make that won't cost me a fortune.
I LOVE that your paper was accepted. Can I read it?
Um, sure. When it's written. At 5 PM on Friday, January 28, 2011. ;)
ReplyDeleteI expect to receive a copy by January 30, 2011. :)
ReplyDelete