So last weekend my friend Allison came to visit. It was a lovely visit that included food, talking, and some Wii playing. This was my first experience with the Wii, and I thought it was fun. Mostly I thought it was fun when I was winning. ;) However, I didn't win all the time, and I still had fun overall. Thanks for bringing said Wii, Allison! Thanks for bringing yourself as well. That was the best part of it all!
In other news, I may get another job doing "history stuff" because a professor just contacted me asking if I wanted to conduct interviews with some irrigation people out here. I don't really know what I'm getting into yet, but maybe it'll become the next "Erin Brockovich" or something. Or NOT since nuclear testing was generally confined to the Great Basin on the other side of the Continental Divide. Yeah, I'm gonna guess this will be pretty low key.
Finally, tomorrow begins the Great Multi-State Trapp Family Travels. Husband flies to Kansas City for work. Five days later I fly to Iowa, which will be followed by a flight to Philadelphia three days later. Husband will fly back to Colorado two days after that, and then a week later will fly to Philadelphia. Then about five days later we'll both fly back home--on different flights. This is going to be crazy folks! Still, I'm excited to go to Philadelphia. I've never been, and I have a date with Independence Hall and a few other important museums! Oh, to add to the travels, I'm going to Baltimore and DC for the weekend I'll be alone in Philadelphia to see some friends. Yea! See La, I'll make it to DC in 2010--just a few months late for the Cherry Blossom Festival. ;)
Will these history stuff interviews be oral history interviews? If so, I recommend "Doing Oral History" as a good source to learn about the protocol. Hope all is well!
ReplyDeleteThanks Jenna! Yes, I'm doing oral histories. I will check the book out.
ReplyDelete