Monday, June 14, 2010

Approximate?

Is 238 an approximate number if we're dealing in real, whole, cardinal numbers? 

No.

However, blogger.com thinks so.  I was updating the old blog settings today, went into my profile, glanced at my number of views, and there it was. 

"Number of views (approximate): 238"

Did they fail to log visitor #239?  Or do I really have 238 1/2 views, but they only deal in whole numbers?  How does one half-view a profile?  For that matter, is it that I actually have 233 views but the folks that run blogger.com are trying to make me feel like more people care about me and inflating my numbers to make me feel popular without coming out and saying "Nobody cares about you," or something?

I don't know.  However, I do know that 238 should never be designated an approximate number when dealing with whole numbers.  C'mon blogger.com!

4 comments:

  1. Visible after approval???? Say what? Are you getting snarky comments?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate blogger. I'm moving to wordpress in July. I know that it is going to be annoying for everyone, but I really am hating it right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No idea! I just got a notice saying I have to moderate my comments...which isn't a setting I chose. I'm on the case.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I figured it out. I "moderate" old posts because I don't send posts to my email. This way I know you made a comment if it's more than a week old.

    ReplyDelete