We found a new place to live on our first day of looking and at the very first place we looked. Woohoo! Of course, we did look at other places, but this one fit our needs the best. It was the least painful apartment hunt I've ever been on. Usually apartment hunting days end in headaches and emotional tiredness that make me grumpy and even want to cry. Not this time. This time was different. We looked at each place, saw its merits and deficiencies, and picked a new home all in four hours. FOUR!
Three awesome things about my new place:
1) They are painting a wall in my house a lovely yellow color. This is the first time I've lived in a place where the walls weren't all the same color. Also yellow is so happy!
2) They gave us a discount on rent because I'm a student. Say what?!? Yep. A discount.
3) This place has a washer and dryer in it. I haven't had a washer or dryer in my house for nine years/one-third of my life.
On a side note, there don't seem to be mass quantities of 18-year-old partiers or sketchy creepos living at this place.
*happy sigh*
The next two months are gonna be strange since I will live in one place and Husband in another, but it could be worse. We'll get to see each other consistently, and this arrangement will end soon.
Well at least you can check that off your list- and also- i love yellow too!
ReplyDeleteYellow is my favorite color. SCORE for getting a washer and drying. I've seen you cry a grand total of like 2 times SO I'm thinking you are using that expression loosely. ;)
ReplyDeleteI saw Clarissa cry when we went to see up!
ReplyDeleteGo you Jimmy. So Clarissa, it's fine that you are out of school and you update less than when you were stressed. I'm gathering that blogging was more of a procrastination method than an actually update on your life. I'm not trying to judge here, BUT you did judge us when none of us posted for like 2 weeks. I just wouldn't want you to call the kettle black or something like that. I'd also like to point out that we haven't spoken in like a month. But I'm fine. Really. And I'm not bitter...at all. Really. At least when I sent you my one second prayer your responded. ;)
ReplyDelete