Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Three Cups of Tea

Last night the Trapp household went to a FREE appearance/talk by Greg Mortenson. Mortenson is the author of Three Cups of Tea, which has been on my list of books to read for a long time—maybe I’ll get to it by Christmas this year. Anyway, I was awed by the humility of this man! He works to raise money for schools and school supplies used by Pakistani and Afghani kids. While I doubt education alone will lead to world peace, I am a huge proponent of education—especially women’s education. I admire this man’s perseverance. I admire his goals. If you’re interested in his work, check out these websites.
http://www.penniesforpeace.org/


https://www.ikat.org/

Also, hooray for large universities that can pull in cool speakers like this!!!!

1 comment:

  1. He actually came to Wartburg last year. I wasn't able to go, but I heard he was absolutely amazing!!

    ReplyDelete