Thursday, September 10, 2009

Konfyeti!

My super-amazing friend Allison came to visit me this past weekend.  It was wonderful to see a familiar face!  Also, being the amazing person she is, she introduced me to her friends here in FC.  I now have names of doctors and dentists and mechanics.  Most importantly, I was informed that there is a candy shop here that sells Russian chocolates.  As you may imagine, I took the soonest possible opportunity to check out this place.  I was not disappointed.  The owner, a man most likely from the Black Sea or Middle East, was really helpful.  He informed us that Wyoming and Northern Colorado were full of Russian immigrants, so he caters to their requests and imports the things they want to buy.  (I know you're asking yourself, "How lucky can this girl get?!")  After nearly swooning because he carried "Rossiya Shokolad" bars with little holes throughout, I turned my attention to the middle of the store which was full of konfyeti.  Konfyeti are delicious little bon bons I ate pounds of while in Russia.  Most of the konfyeti have little sayings or stories on them. My favorite one at the store was titled “Gulliver with the strange Lilliputians,” though you must imagine saying it “Gooleevyer v stranye leeleepootov.” I love konfyeti!  Allison and I left with two pounds of these little guys. Yum!

1 comment:

  1. ha-yum ;)

    and maybe they used to live around there b/c of the cold? although i think iowa could kick wyomings butt depending on the day in winter!

    ReplyDelete