Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Fall of a Father

 This is my dad.
He is standing on a train.  Pretty cool, hunh?  I took this picture when he and my mom and youngest brother came to visit a month ago.  
Exhibit B: Proof that my dad and I were actually together.  :)  We are in Rocky Mountain National Park because my dad came to see me to get peaches and see mountains.  This satisfies demand number two obviously.
Yesterday my dad fell off a ladder.  He broke his wrist.  Guess how I found out.  My brother's facebook page.  Not cool.  So I called home IMMEDIATELY to make sure Dad was okay.  He said he was.  I am super-glad that he is because I love him.  I wonder when they would have told me if Isaac hadn't posted this to facebook.  I'm guessing in a month or so--or maybe Christmas time, at which point everyone would be surprised that I didn't know.  (Sort of like Cookie and Tiesha.)  That's how we roll in the Janssen household.  :)

2 comments:

  1. FB is a blessing AND a curse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that sucks! i hope he gets better soon! and he's lucky a wrist was all he broke. i broke my wrist when i was 5 and got a pink cast- maybe he should follow suit ;)

    ReplyDelete