Hooray for work trips! This one took me to that lovely valley nestled in the Wasatch Range better known as Salt Lake City.
In my time off, I visited a beautiful cemetery.
 |
| This stone looks like it should be in a Tim Burton movie. |
 |
This one came all the way from Des Moines courtesy of the Western White Bronze Co. |
 |
| An entire family of deer live in this place! |
 |
Young is a very common name. There's nothing like coming face-to-face with the aftermath of a very notable piece of history. |
 |
| This one made me chuckle - Capt. Onion. Love it! |
I also spent some time at Antelope Island in the
middle of the Great Salt Lake. It was very,
very windy and very beautiful.
 |
Lots of little white caps. They were pretty powerful when they crashed against my legs, though. |
 |
I loved the way the vegetation added different colors and textures to the view. |
 |
| It looks peaceful. It was not. |
 |
This ranch was home to the LDS tithing herds for about 30 years back in the day. |
 |
This herd crossed the road in front of my car. I decided to wait rather than challenge them with my Fiesta. |
 |
| Proof I was there - and of the wind! |
I really like SLC overall. The climate is great. The historic buildings create a lovely ambiance. Still, this is when I was happiest - and very aware that I was a heathen. Guess what gave me away to the rest of them - pants and the absence of a companion. All the women wore skirts. EVERY LAST PERSON was accompanied by someone else.
 |
Missionaries and couples eating lunch in front of the temple. |
Also, my tour guides at the Beehive House were not very informative - and didn't even bother to try to convert me. I did, however, learn that Brigham Young had a daughter named Clarissa, and the house itself is full of ridiculous, opulent, amazing Victorian furnishings.
*Like* :)
ReplyDelete