So this week on the Front Range is just about perfect as far as weather goes. With average day-time temps in the mid 60s and an abundance of sunshine thanks to losing an hour last Sunday I have miraculously emerged from my winter SAD funk. I think it helped that I was feeling so much better after last week's bout of flu, but I'm going to say it's pretty much mostly a weather thing.
What did I do with this gift of sunshine and warmth? My two favorite warm weather activities.
1. Nine loads of laundry - all of them hung on the line! (Clotheslines are the only thing that can make me excited about doing laundry.)
2. Grilled some delicious chicken and veggies with Ash. Also, thanks to Ash for helping me to restring the clothesline that was taken out by half of a tree during last October's apocalyptic ice storm.
It's amazing how much a weather change can change my attitude. I was so motivated! I cleaned and organized and smiled happily. Normally I would much rather spend Saturday morning sleeping in as late as possible. I am thankful this day was different!
Finally, please note the area directly in front of the clothesline in the above picture. In about two months there will be little plants growing there as part of my first veggie garden in 3 years! I can hardly contain my excitement. I have spent way too much time already plotting and planning and browsing seed catalogs. It's not going to be super-big, though, so I'm in the process of paring down my 200'x200' ideas into a 20'x10' space.
Jealousy times two:
ReplyDelete#1: That it is warm enough there to hang clothes outside. It snowed here last night. Again.
#2: That you have a space for a garden. Although I'm going to try some kale on my porch.
"Like" d
ReplyDelete(the d is supposed to be a thumbs up to imitate facebook :))