Sunday, May 1, 2011

Spike: an update

Exhibit A: Spike this summer (possibly July?)  Not looking so good/barely hanging onto life after being moved and not watered adequately during my research trip to Philly.
Exhibit B: Spike today at 9:45 PM.  Lookin' good!  Please note my giant, flowering geranium next to it.  The other greenery is from a gladiolus. 
Exhibit C: After approximately 9 years together, Spike is growing in new directions.  I believe my words when I saw this were, "Jimmy, Spike is having a baby!"  I don't understand plant biology, so I am not really sure what's going on here.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, should I bring up our love fern that you killed? Oh, I shouldn't? Well at least THIS plant is loved.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, Spike. He's getting so big! That is a strange little root thing...I wonder if, eventually, it starts growing more shoots or something? I don't know. I'm glad he's alive though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha oh that's funny crisso. congrats to spike, where is he registered?

    ReplyDelete