
I was not meant to be a percussionist. I know this because I played the tambourine for church (while singing) yesterday, and I was definitely the weakest link. I played too slowly because I was concentrating too hard on other things. This slowed down the entire ensemble. My director was very frustrated. However, as far as lasting trauma goes I think I win. This lovely bruise is a result of repeated collision with said tambourine. In an effort to preserve the side of my leg which was sore and puffy after Thursday's rehearsal, I decided to use the back of my leg as my smacking place. Obviously I am now aware that there are a lot of blood vessels in that part of my leg. The funny thing is that while this is by far the coolest, biggest bruise I've ever gotten, it itches, but it doesn't hurt much.
Ouch. Really Clarissa!!!! I think you should choose someone ELSE for self mutilation!
ReplyDeleteSeriously?!?! I didn't know this happened. That's crazy!
ReplyDeleteOh my Lordy. If there was frustration, it wasn't at you. At least not all of the time. I like to think that I spread it around evenly to everyone, including myself. Thinking: "Christ! Why did we do this piece?!" As for the bruise, I guess you can just say that you are suffering for your art. Or that you have one really powerful arm!!
ReplyDelete