Sunday, November 27, 2011

Zion

My humble abode - no TV, no internet, no phone.
Zion National Park is my favorite national park.  Have I mentioned that I WORK for this amazing park?  Because I do.  Temporarily.  I love this job.  I get to hunt for lost artifacts all over the country!  I get to travel, read old correspondence, call and annoy archivists and curators, and generally set my own hours.

Last week I went to the park for an entire week!  I stayed in a renovated ranger station in the middle of Zion Canyon all week - by myself - that is now used for artists in residence.
I left the blinds open one morning, walked in in a towel, and discovered a family getting out of their car right next to my window. AH!

A fully-equipped kitchen!

Living room area.

Without lights, it was impossible to see this place.  The canyon was so dark - perfect for stargazing!
I spent most of my time in the archives reading, but I did manage to get out on chilly Friday morning for a few hours before I had to catch my plane.  Even in the early hours before the sun's rays spilled over the canyon walls to brighten my surroundings, the scenery was beautiful!





2 comments:

  1. That is beautiful! I can't imagine why anyone would be outside your window...in the middle of nowhere. That just looks awesome! I am so glad we are friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummm next time u go call me and i will come with!!!

    ReplyDelete